How to remove dandruff
Dandruff is the consequence of the accumulation of dead skin cells on the scalp. It is a process of cell renewal that is completely normal but when the renewal process of epidermal cells is altered it becomes faster and the white or yellow flakes begin to accumulate block on the scalp, giving rise to dandruff.
Although the market offers multiple pharmaceutical alternatives for treating dandruff, many natural options can provide the same results. One of them is almond oil, which by its anti inflammatory and moisturizing properties may be the ultimate solution for this hair problem. It also contains vitamins E and D, which nourish the hair follicle contributing to its repair and subsequent growth as well as calcium, potassium, magnesium and zinc are minerals that strengthen the hair fiber.
In addition, almond oil has softening and moisturizing properties that fight dryness and return capillary elasticity. The benefits of almond oil are great allies in the fight against dandruff to moisturize the scalp, improve blood circulation and soothe irritation.
- Apply 5 drops of almond oil on your hands and rub them together.
- Spread the roots of each strand. Give yourself a scalp massage and then you can spread the oil throughout the hair (optional).
- Cover your hair with a shower cap for half an hour.
- Remove the oil with warm water and use your shampoo every day.
Another way to use almond oil for dandruff is combined with olive oil. Olive oil is rich in vitamin C, which aids in the production of collagen a component that helps strengthen hair. Also provides vitamin A, which regulates cell regeneration cycles and prevents hair loss, which occurs due to damage caused on the scalp irritation. This is a home remedy for dandruff that can be prepared with both oils:
- Mix almond oil and olive oil equally.
- Apply on the scalp and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Remove with a mild shampoo.
With cognac and egg yolk, you can make a homemade mask to remove dandruff with almond oil. The alcohol contained in the cognac helps to remove fat from the scalp and allows the rest of the ingredients are withdrawn more easily so it is used as a base in many recipes capillary remedies. While protein contained in egg yolk nourishes the hair follicle, strengthening its growth, besides acting as a conditioner in the rest of the hair. You can prepare your mask by following these instructions:
- Mix a tablespoon of cognac, one of almond oil and one egg.
- Apply to wet hair, massage and let stand for 20 minutes.
- Remove with cold water and apply the dandruff shampoo every day.
Another way to use almond oil to combat dandruff is mixed with sage oil as it has antiseptic and healing properties that help repair the damage caused by inflammation of the scalp.
- Mix 1-teaspoon olive oil with 5 drops of sage oil.
- Apply the oil mixture after washing the hair with neutral shampoo for 20 minutes.
- Remove with cold water.